Tor 10.5.2 (or The Onion Router) is a free software for enabling online anonymity. Tor directs Internet traffic through a free, worldwide, volunteer network consisting of more than four thousand relays to conceal a user's location or usage from anyone conducting network surveillance or traffic analysis. Using Tor makes it more difficult to trace Internet activity, including "visits to Web sites, online posts, instant messages, and other communication forms", back to the user and is intended to protect the personal privacy of users, as well as their freedom and ability to conduct confidential business by keeping their internet activities from being monitored. This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system/platform without restrictions. Tor is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.Is Tor safe to download?
We tested the file torbrowser-install-10.5.2_en-US.exe with 19 antivirus programs and it turned out 100% clean. It's good practice to test any downloads from the Internet with trustworthy antivirus software.Does Tor work on my version of Windows?
Older versions of Windows often have trouble running modern software and thus Tor may run into errors if you're running something like Windows XP. Conversely, much older software that hasn't been updated in years may run into errors while running on newer operating systems like Windows 10. You can always try running older programs in compatibility mode.
Officially supported operating systems include Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.What versions of Tor are available?
The current version of Tor is 10.5.2 and is the latest version since we last checked. This is the full offline installer setup file for PC. This site has hosted other versions of it in the past such as 10.5, 10.0.18, 10.0.17, 10.0.16 and 10.0.15. At the moment, only the latest version is available.What type of graphical file formats are supported?
Tor supports over 3 common image formats including EPS, MPO and PLY.
Alternatives to Tor available for download
- Tor (Expert Bundle)Free Onion client that connects to and browses the visible web as well as the so-called dark web with full privacy.
- X-ProxyUpdated proxy lists automatically allow you to surf anonymously with Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Shellfire VPNVPN software with German and US servers that provides private Internet browsing and regional restriction circumvention.
- TunnelBearFree VPN application that can mask IP address, provide anonymous browsing and make it appear you're surfing from countries like the USA, UK, Canada and...
- Tor Browser BundleFully anonymous web browser within the web and access to the so-called deep-web Onion network.